Friday 14 August 2015

My Coffee and Walnut Cake!


So I baked! Yes I don't do it very often! I decided to make a coffee and walnut cake for the first time. I followed a basic Victoria Sponge recipe. This little recipe book seen is my mums and I think its from about the 1970's! Its so vintage I love it!
 So according to my Mums recipe I used 6 Oz (170g) of self raising flour, 4 Oz (113g) of sugar, 6Oz (170g) of Margarine and 3 eggs. I also added tiny amount of milk and a tiny amount of instant made coffee until it was the right consistency and colour.
Its very easy to make, its a basic all-in-one recipe. You mix the margarine and sugar until combined and light and then add in one egg and a small amount of flour at a time until all mixed in. Then add the milk and coffee until it is sort of 'glupy' (yes its obvious im not a professional baker!).
 

I put the mixture into two tins with grease proof paper on the bottom of each. I put them on the lower shelf of the oven at Gas Mark 4 for 25-30 mins. I checked it regularly to see how it was doing - as everyone cant help but to do! I then used a cake tester to make sure it was cooked all the way through and put it on a cooling rack.


I added icing on the top which is made simply by mixing icing sugar and a small amount of coffee and then put walnuts on the top. Its such an easy cake to make and tasted so good, especially as it was coffee which is my all time favourite!
I hope you like the look of this cake as much as I did eating it!
Jasmine X
(All images are mine)


No comments:

Post a Comment