Monday 1 June 2015

The Plaid Shirt

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Happy first day of summer! I have to admit it isn't feeling like it yet in the UK (*crying).
Today I want to talk about a reoccurring piece in my wardrobe. It is also one of my favourite pieces, which has to be the Plaid Shirt. I first idolised Plaid Shirts when I saw the Olsen Twins wearing them back in the early Noughties. Since then I have acquired a couple of them which I regularly wear, plaid just goes with anything! They can be worn to look quite smart with a black skirt or can be 'chucked' over the top of any outfit for casual 'cool' which I am demonstrating here. I love the red checked type, I am wearing two kinds below however they look quite similar. One of mine is a UK size 18 from New Look (a larger size than I usually take) which is great because it looks oversized on me, you can achieve the same by buying a shirt that is a number of sizes bigger than your usual clothing size. It is also really long which is great to pair with leggings in the winter (I am tall so getting long shirts isn't always easy!) although as you can see a checked Plaid Shirt can as easily be worn in summer and looks fantastic for both seasons (to my mind).
 
Jasmine X
(All images are property of mine, and have a watermark)


No comments:

Post a Comment